||Top 10 Reasons
To Love Small Business
The Office of Advocacy of the SBA offers the top 10 reasons to love
small business, the heart of the American economy:
10. Small businesses make up more than 99.7% of all employers.
9. Small businesses create more than 50 percent of the nonfarm private
gross domestic product (GDP).
8. Small patenting firms produce 13 to 14 times more patents per
employee than large patenting firms.
7. The 22.9 million small businesses in the United States are located
in virtually every neighborhood.
6. Small businesses employ about 50 percent of all private sector
5. Home-based businesses account for 53 percent of all small businesses.
4. Small businesses make up 97 percent of exporters and produce
29 percent of all export value.
3. Small businesses with employees start-up at a rate of over 500,000
2. Four years after start-up, half of all small businesses with
employees remain open.
1. The latest figures show that small businesses create 75 percent
of the net new jobs in our economy.
Source: The Office of Advocacy, Small Business Administration
To Receive BizNews, our business newsletter and send comments
© Contacto Magazine