and California Hispanic Chambers
of Commerce Sign Strategic Alliance
The U.S Small Business Administration and the California Hispanic
Chambers of Commerce signed a Strategic Alliance Memorandum aimed
at strengthening and expanding small business development in the state.
The document was signed by SBA Administrator Hector V. Barreto and
CHCC Chairman Henry Mendoza. The agreement will be effective for two
“The Hispanic business community is a strong pillar and one
of the fastest-growing sectors of the American economy, and we are
committed to helping it grow even stronger,” said SBA Administrator
Barreto. “This strategic alliance gives us the tools to do just
that, and we look forward to its implementation.”
In keeping with the SAM goal, the SBA, through its district offices
in the state, will:
• Make available information regarding the SBA and its resource
partners through pamphlets, brochures and other publications.
• Provide information to CHCC staff on SBA programs and services
available to local small businesses.
• Provide speakers, consistent with SBA rules and policies,
to participate in CHCC workshops, conferences, seminars and other
activities to discuss SBA financing, government contracting and other
• Provide a text-only hyperlink from SBA’s Web site to
CHCC’s Web site pursuant to SBA’s linking policies.
The Chambers, in turn, will:
• Cooperate with SBA’s resource partners to provide information
to its members about business development services to small business
• Make available to its members SBA pamphlets, brochures and
• Inform CHCC small business members of SBA’s programs
and services including referrals to SBA’s resource partners
• Upon request, provide speakers for SBA-sponsored events when
• Provide a text-only hyperlink from CHCC Web site to SBA’s
The California Hispanic Chambers of Commerce is a non-profit organization
that represents the interests of 425,000 Hispanic-owned businesses.
The SBA assists small business via financial, contractual and business
development assistance, and to be its voice and advocate within the
© Contacto Magazine
Digital Cover -